Happy Thursday to everyone who reads my blog! I greatly appreciate it!
I’ve been a bit more perky lately, and I think it may be because of bananas. No really, Bananas have tryptophan, which is converted to serotonin- the happy mood brain transmitter. I figured I’d share some benefits of bananas this morning, as they aren’t just for monkeys. 🙂
1. As mentioned above, they have high levels of tryptophan, and who can’t stand to be a bit more happier these days?!
2. Due to the Potassium, they help protect against muscle cramps during workouts and night time leg cramps. (those suck!)
3. Because of the B-6 found in Bananas they help: reduce swelling, protect against type II diabetes, help with the production of white blood cells, strengthen your nervous system and aid in weigh loss – All +’s in my book!
4. Due to the high potassium and low sodium, they are recognized by the FDA as being able to lower blood pressure, and protect against heart attack and strokes.
5. Struggling with acid reflux? These babies provide relief and are a natural antacid.
6. These bad boys, are high in fiber and you know what that means? Yup they help keep you “regular”.
7. Bananas are also high in antioxidants, providing free radicals and protection from chronic disease.
There are a plethora of more reasons and benefits to eating bananas that you can find here: http://www.naturalnews.com/036771_bananas_digestion_health_benefits.html
Now you know why monkeys are soo happy. Eat a banana!