I’m totally guilty of not drinking enough water daily, but what really is enough water? I’ve been taught since forever that it’s been 8 glasses of water a day but times have changed and so has that number. According to an article put out by the Mayo Clinic, the adequate intake (AI) for men is roughly 3 liters (that’s 13 cups) and the AI for women is about 2.2 liters (that’s 9 cups) of water a day! Yea I’m very much behind on my daily intake, how about you?
Here are 6 reasons why you should meet your AI of water daily:
1. Water Maintains the balance of body fluids
2. Water Helps Control Calories
3. Water Helps Energize Muscles
4. Water Helps Keep Skin Looking Good
5. Water Helps Your Kidneys
6. Water Helps Maintain Normal Bowel Function
Did you know…
The human body is anywhere from 55%-78% water depending on the body size.
– Muscle consists of 75% water
– Brain consists of 90% water
– Bone consists of 22% water
– Blood consists of 83% water