via brian cavanaugh
1. Speak to people. There is nothing as nice as cheerful word of greeting
2. Smile at people. It takes 72 muscles to frown, only four smile.
3. Call people by their name. The sweetest music to anyone’s ear is the sound of one’s own name.
4. Be friendly and helpful. If you would have friends, be friendly.
5. Be genuinely interested in people. You can like almost everybody, if you try.
6. Be generous with praise-cautious with criticism.
7. Be considerate with feelings of others. There are usually three sides to a controversy; yours, the other person’s and the right one.
8. Be alert to give service. What counts most in life is what we do for others.
9. Learn to trust people, for trust builds lasting relationships.
10. Add to this good sense of humor, a big dose of patience, and a dash of humility and you will be rewarded many fold.