“I will leave my mark , so everyone will know I was here…”
After watching this first initial video, I’m not sure what exactly got to me but it broke me into tears. More than anything I’ve always wanted to be a true Humanitarian. Be able to give back leave my mark that makes a real difference (big or small). Whether it be to help the older woman, Mary, who lives below me take out her trash, or give one of the food bags that I keep handy in case I see a homeless person who may need that meal – I try and help when and where I can.
Often people don’t realize how the smallest bit of help can make up the biggest part of someones day.
What can you do?
- HELP SOMEONE WITH THEIR SHOPPING
- MAKE A HOMELESS PERSON A SANDWICH
- DONATE YOUR SKILLS TO A COMMUNITY PROJECT
- STAND UP FOR SOMEONE BEING PICKED ON
- VISIT AN ELDERLY PERSON
- COOK A MEAL FOR A NEW MUM
- COMFORT SOMEONE IN HOSPITAL
- VOLUNTEER AT A LOCAL CHARITY
- GIVE AWAY SOMETHING YOU DON’T USE
- MOW YOUR NEIGHBOUR’S LAWN
- TUTOR A DISADVANTAGED YOUNG PERSON
- CLEAN UP YOUR LOCAL PARK
On August 10th in New York, there was a celebration of all the humanitarian work across the globe – which featured Beyoncé was held at the UN General Assembly.
“We have a responsibility to help each other if we live in this world, we must live our lives for all the people not just ourselves”