So in light of kick-starting my regimen today, making this Day 1 I wanted to make a simple list itemizing on how I intend on reaching a loss of (at least) 10 pounds in 10 weeks.
1) Recognizing My Habits: Make a running list of your health habits, so you can see what tweaks need to be made.
2) Identifying My most Fattening Habit: Hone in on your biggest problem . If you don’t work out, add exercise. If you love cheese or pasta, cut them out!
3) Portion Size: You know those small plates that came in the dish set? Start using that as your Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner plate. Cutting your portions in half will help greatly!
4) Take the Stairs: Give up elevators for good, and start taking the stairs. If possible, run or jog up, or at least walk up them briskly.
5) Walk : If there’s a place within 1 mile of your home, try and walk to those places (when possible). Or even pick the furthest parking spot when going places.Every step counts!
6) Stop Eating 3 hours before bed: Studies show that people who eat at night gain 19 more pounds a year than those who do not.
7) No More Dessert: Those are evil and empty calories. Dessert will be fruit or flavored water from now on!
8) Turn off the T.V. : Vitamin D is good for the body and so is getting the blood flowing. Don’t ‘veg’ and sit on your ass all day in front of the tube. Get out, stand up and get your body in motion.
9) Try an Incentive: Maybe pair up with friends? Have everyone put $20 into a pool and whoever comes closest, meets or exceeds the 10lbs in 10 weeks get’s the pool money!
10) Cut out the ‘drinks’ : Stick to water! Juices are generally filled with artificial non-sense and sugars. If you can keep it to waters/unsweetened teas- you will soon see the pounds shed! Dr. Oz says, “The average American consumes 53 gallons of soda (and 49 pounds of sugar) per year. It’s making the nation sick and fat. Both regular AND diet soda lead to weight gain. Start by swapping out just one can of soda for water each day to help you lose 10 pounds.”
Other things to take in consideration on this goal of losing 10 pounds in 10 weeks is to ensure you are being smart about it. Be sure you are taking your vitamins and staying hydrated!
Take a B Complex Vitamin. Vitamin B Complex metabolizes carbohydrates, proteins and and fatty acids in the body giving you the energy to exercise, and who couldn’t use the extra energy!?
Calcium (600 mg, plus 600 mg from food) and Magnesium (400 mg) – it supports bone strength and prevents fractures.
Daily multivitamin will help counteract a less than perfect diet of nutrients
Can’t wait to hear about everyone’s success if they decide to jump on this weight-loss bandwagon.
Keep me posted!