So call me cheesy or whatever but when I stepped on the scale this morning and saw I had met one of my 3 goals and I’m down 20lbs, my eyes teared up. I’ve been working soo hard and I can’t even begin to describe how stoked I am. I have 2 more goals and 55 lbs more to go but I think it’s a great start for being about a month and a half into my journey 🙂
Tonight I decided to treat myself a lil. I made jalapeno & cream cheese stuff bunless burger. Soo tastey!
Here’s the recipe |
Ingredients (serving for 2)
- 1/2 cup seeded and chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- Your choice of lettuce to wrap the burgers in (alternative to buns)
1. Preheat a grill for medium heat. When hot, lightly oil the grate. In a medium bowl, stir together the jalapenos and cream cheese.
2. Divide the ground beef into 4 portions and pat out each one to 1/4 inch thickness. Spoon some of the cream cheese mixture onto the center of 2 of the patties. Top with the remaining patties, pressing the edges together to seal.
3. Grill for about 10 minutes per side, or until well done, taking care not to press down on the burgers as they cook. This will make the cheese ooze out. Serve wrapped in large leaf lettuce and any other toppings of your choice